Back again in 2020 is the ever popular Fools & Fans Homebrew Competition
Get your very early bird entry ticket now, they’re limited.
- Closing date for entries: 16th March 2020.
- Beer to be dropped off before 17th March 2020 and we will have drop off points in CT, JHB, PE and KZN (venues to be confirmed).
- We require 4 x (min) 300ml bottles.
- Prelim judging rounds will happen in Cape Town and Johannesburg (and maybe Durban, depending on volume of entries) during the week of 23rd March.
- Final Round of Judging and BOS to take place at Fools & Fans.
- Beers will be judged in accordance with BJCP (2015 Style Guide).
There will be a first, second and third place announced, with all other entries receiving their BJCP feedback score sheets.
The winner gets to brew their beer on the commercial system at Old Potters and it will be for sale, together with various malts/hops and other prizes to be announced. Second Prize gets to experience a brew day at Parliament Brewery in Cape Town who contract some of the countries favourite beers. They’ll spend time with the Brewmaster and get to ask loads of questions about the whole process. They will also get various malts/hops and other prizes to be announced. Third prize will receive various malts/hops and other prizes to be announced.