Entries to the Fools & Fans Homebrew Competition are now open. This year things will be a little bit different. We’ve listened to your feedback and we will be introducing preliminary judging rounds. These will happen in Cape Town and Johannesburg (and possibly in Durban too, if we get enough entries). The top beers from these prelim rounds will then be judged again at the festival, after which a Best of Show round will take place to decide the winner. The means we no longer need to limit entries or number of beers entered, so get brewing!!
How to Enter
Entries are now open, and we have a very early bird entry price, so get in quick! Last year entries were snapped up very fast. Click here to buy your entry. Remember you need one entry per beer and you can enter as many beers as you like!
While you’re at it, don’t forget to book your space at our campsite for next year, you can do so here.
Lastly, grab your tickets to the weekend festivities, it’s promising to be a cracker!
- Closing date for entries: 16th March 2020.
- Beer to be dropped off before 17th March 2020. We will have drop off points in CT, JHB, PE and KZN.
- We require 4 x 330ml (min) bottles.
- Prelim judging rounds will happen in Cape Town and Johannesburg (and maybe Durban, depending on volume of entries). This will happen during the week of 23rd March.
- Final Round of Judging and BOS to take place at Fools & Fans.
- Beers will be judged in accordance with BJCP (2015 Style Guide).
There will be a first, second and third place announced, with all other entries receiving their BJCP feedback score sheets.
The winner gets to brew their beer on the commercial system at Old Potters! They will also get various malts/hops and other prizes to be announced. Second Prize gets to experience a brew day at Parliament Brewery in Cape Town. Based alongside BevPlus they brew some of the countries favourite beers. They’ll spend time with the Brewmaster and get to ask loads of questions about the whole process. They will also get various malts/hops and other prizes to be announced. Third prize will receive various malts/hops and other prizes to be announced.